Vegan MoFo Picnic Dessert Week!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 1 12 oz box shelf-stable of soft or firm silken tofu (see note)
- 6 - 7 dates pitted
- ½ cup chocolate chips melted
- Start by adding the dates and tofu (entire box) and the pitted dates to a blender. Start the blender on low to start breaking down the dates and making the tofu creamy. Increase the speed to high and blend until the dates are completely broken down. It is ok if there are still small flecks of dates.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips either over a double boiler or in the microwave. If you use a double boiler, make sure not to let the water touch the bottom of the pot/bowl that has the chocolate chips. It will cause the chocolate to seize. If using a microwave, slowly melt them by repeatedly heating for a few seconds and then stirring. This ensures the chocolate won’t burn or seize. I usually set the microwave power to 70% when melting chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, carefully add it to the blender with the blended dates and tofu. Blend once again, starting off slow and then increasing the speed until everything is combined. It usually only takes about 10 seconds.
- Scoop the mixture into a sealable bowl and refrigerate for a few hours until set and chilled.
Hi! I am Kristy. I live in Vancouver, Washington with my husband, Steve, three companion cats and one guinea pig. I became a vegetarian in 2012 and have been vegan since 2014. Since 2012, I have opened myself up to new experiences and new ways of thinking. I earned a Master of Arts in Humane Education through the Institute for Humane Education. Find out more >>