Vegan MoFo – Day Ten
For lunch, I made a simple plate of steamed french style green beans and baby carrots.
What I used:
8oz of fresh green beans
1 cup of baby carrots, slice in half lengthwise
Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the pressure cooker by adding 1/2 cup of water into it and place a steamer insert over the water.
2. Rinse the green beans and carrots. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
3. Place the green beans onto steamer insert in the pressure cooker and then put the carrots on top of the green beans.
4. Close the lids and set the pressure to low for 6 minutes. Released the pressure using the quick release function once the cooking time has finished. Once the pressure is released, remove the lid, being careful to point the lid away from you, to ensure the steam does not burn you.
5. Sprinkle the steamed veggies with a little salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Hi! I am Kristy. I live in Vancouver, Washington with my husband, Steve, three companion cats and one guinea pig. I became a vegetarian in 2012 and have been vegan since 2014. Since 2012, I have opened myself up to new experiences and new ways of thinking. I earned a Master of Arts in Humane Education through the Institute for Humane Education. Find out more >>