Tofu No-Egg Salad
I am excited about giving a cooking demo this coming Sunday at the Northwest Veg Potluck and Annual Meeting! I will be demoing three dishes that will make you the star of the next picnic!
As you might have noticed from a recent blog post, I adore picnics! I always have ever since I was a little kid. (I even started a Vegan Picnic account on Instagram!) My earliest memories were of my grandfather taking me to Wagner Park in Grand Prairie, TX, where I would play on the playground before heading to a shady area for some lunch. Finding shade in Texas in the middle of summer is like finding gold! Especially after sliding down a metal slide that has been reflecting the blazing Texas sun all morning.
Tofu No-egg Salad
- 1 package extra firm tofu drain and press for at least 1 hour
- 4 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1-2 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 2 tsp dried dill
- pinch black salt omit and use sea salt if preferred
- Crumble tofu into a medium size bowl.
- Add vegan mayo, stone ground mustard, and yellow mustard to the tofu and stir with large spoon or spatula until well combined. If the mixture seems dry, add a little extra mayo.
- Next add celery salt, 1 tablespoon of the dill pickle juice, dried dill, salt & pepper to the tofu mixture and then stir until combined
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed – add extra mustard, dill, salt & pepper to your taste
Hi! I’m Kristy. I am a conscious living lifestyle expert, a mom to many furry companions, a wife of a marathoner, an avid vegan cook, and a photography enthusiast. My family and I live in Vancouver, Washington. Find out more >>