Peanut Butter and Blueberry Smoothie
Are you a fan of peanut butter and jelly? Then this is the smoothie combination for you! It has the right amount peanut flavor to blueberry, and entirely reminiscent of that favorite childhood sandwich!
If the truth is to be told, I don’t like PB&J sandwiches that much! I loved them as a kid, but I think I ate too many of them and had PB&J burnout. I enjoy peanut butter toast in the morning, but I usually add sliced bananas or fresh fruit on top of it. Plus I LOVE adding peanut butter and jelly to waffles or pancakes.
My husband got me hooked on this smoothie combination. He likes to add cocoa powder to his to make it taste like a chocolate covered peanut butter truffle with blueberries. I like that combination as well, but I love the simplicity of this recipe.
This recipe only takes a few minutes to prep and blend, and only has a few ingredients.
All the smiling ingredients (it is happy food!) in the blender and blend it up!
Peanut Butter And Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 scoop vegan unsweetened protein powder (either vanilla or natural flavor)
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 3/4 - 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach
- pinch salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Place dry ingredients (protein powder, PB powder, and the pinch of salt) into the bottom of the blender container. Add about 1/2 cup milk to the dry ingredients.
- Break up the banana into a few pieces and then add to the blender.
- Next, add the spinach, and then the frozen blueberries on top of spinach.
- Place the blender cap on, and blend until smooth. Add a little milk if necessary to keep the blades turning and to make it to the desired consistency.
Hi! I am Kristy. I live in Vancouver, Washington with my husband, Steve, three companion cats and one guinea pig. I became a vegetarian in 2012 and have been vegan since 2014. Since 2012, I have opened myself up to new experiences and new ways of thinking. I earned a Master of Arts in Humane Education through the Institute for Humane Education. Find out more >>