Cheesy Crackers for a Snack Mix
I made the cheesy crackers a few times because I was testing different gluten-free flour blends to see which one I liked best. Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 was the best one I have tried so far. I was also testing different fats to see which one worked better in the dough. Ultimately, vegan butter had the best taste as well. The olive oil version was really bad! But it could be the olive oil that I have is a little over powering for a delicate cracker.
Here is how I made today’s version….
Vegan Cheesy Crackers
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp vegan butter not melted
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients to a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Pulse the dry ingredients together a few times until combined.
- Add the vegan butter and lemon juice, and then pulse again until the mixture is crumbly.
- Start adding the water one tablespoon at a time while pulsing to combine it into the mixture. I used just a little over 5 tablespoons and feel like the dough was a little too wet, but the crackers were still crispy.
- Once the dough has come together in almost a ball, remove it from the food processor and place it on a large sheet of parchment paper. Form it into and place place another sheet of parchment paper over the top.Roll out the dough to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Using a rolling cutter, make likes in the thinned out dough to resemble crackers (you can see my lines are not straight!).
- Poke a small hole in the center of each cracker.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes on 350 degrees. Check on them after 15 minutes.
Hi! I’m Kristy. I am a conscious living lifestyle expert, a mom to many furry companions, a wife of a marathoner, an avid vegan cook, and a photography enthusiast. My family and I live in Vancouver, Washington. Find out more >>